Thursday, February 26, 2009

OH come on Mom

little has really been blogged about lately... so here is some randomness for ya:

I am really feeling a disturbance in the force. I am missing Aunt Beth. See this is how it works -- My mom and I talk on the phone at least once a day if not three times - its our thing kind of like Terms of Endearment (see video below)
So I talk to my mom about any major event as it is unfolding, ya know flu, baby vomiting, baby falling on head outside, etc. Then Aunt Beth calls the next day to ask for the update on the current situation.  I find myself lately waiting for that phone call, and reminding myself there won't be a phone call.

you don't really need to watch this, its just one of my favorite movies and I love montages so I put it here.


Happy Mardi Gras - late... I consider Mardi Gras parade memories growing up in Louisisana some of the best memories ever. Once a parade went by our church on Sunday. They let us out of primary to go catch some beads. I know, I know but they couldn't stop us - we were climbing the walls and out the windows.  If you live in LA its not just like you see it on Bourbon street, there are a lot of family friendly parades - One day I'll introduce my kids to them and we'll all scream "throw me something mister" and I'll teach them the fine art of not getting trampled.
We did have our King Cake,
Maiya got the golden baby, and was declared Queen of Mardi Gras at our house. She enjoyed every minute of it!

Ella's class led the school in the Baker Blast off (a little opening ceremony they do each monday). I think she did a great job. Maiya LOVES going there and dancing and doing the pledge and such with all the big kids. 
I hate attendance awards, I mean what are we awarding here? Hey good jobs kids you happen to have better immune systems than your peers and/or your mom sent you to school sick. GREAT JOB? And to all the rest of you guys who caught the flu, your class lost the award because of you - feel bad.  its so dumb
Ella has a nervous thing about tucking her hair behind her ear when speaking in public


Can't hold on much longer. This is Cora patiently waiting ( I mean falling asleep) for me to finish with dishes and put her to bed for a nap. I felt mean stopping to take a video, but it was so dang cute.

Last week a bunny met its horrible end on the cross street by our house. I gave Benjamin and Ella permission to go see it. I officially became the "coolest mom" according to them because I let them walk up and look at roadkill.

Its all about the little things.

I didn't tell you this post would be in any understandable order

4 comments:

My name is Andrea said...

Janie, my dear, this is why I love you.

I feel the same way about the attendence thing! It is so funny!! It's not like they are sluffing in elementary school. They are sick, or sometimes on a family vacation (sorry, mom, can't go to grandma's with you, 100% attendance and all...) or even away because of a family trajedy...duh. If they get it, yay, if they don't, yay. Whatever.

Poor bunny...

Abby said...

Poor BABY. Put that kid in bed already! My kids were never that patient, I assure you.

Meredith said...

Love the cora video...love her little foot bracing her from falling face first...too cute!

Beth said...

Cora is so adorable!!!! I loved watching her struggle to stay awake... I'm the same way, I let my kids sit in the chair while I'm busy and if they fall asleep, oh well.