Friday, February 27, 2009

My letter writing campaign continues

remember this day? yeah its still not paid for...

We haven't had the money to pay for Cora's hospital bill yet.  And unfortunately they reported it on my credit. This is not good so I figured my other letter worked I thought I'd try again. This bill was bigger so I didn't try the "please forgive outstanding balance".
I mailed this standard mail and certified mail, so that when I called I would know that they did recieve it. When I called this morning I was actually taken seriously and and a supervisor is calling me this afternoon and according to who I spoke to they will most likely help me.  Man-- am I saying my prayers.
so here is the letter I wrote:

To whom it may concern:

 

I am writing in regards to my account with Medical Center of McKinney.  My remaining balance is 2151.37.  My husband has been out of work since October and it has severely affected our finances. That is why I have not been able to make payments on this account.

 

We will be getting a tax refund this year. I would like to settle this account. I would really like to know if there is anyway I can have the negative information removed from my credit. If this is not possible I will apply the money to other negative accounts that I have with other companies. I am going to apply this money where it will best affect my credit. I hope that it will be with you.

 

Please respond and let me know if there is any agreement that we can make in writing to remove the information from all three credit reporting agencies and I will be prepared to pay the outstanding amount in full.

 

Thanks so much for your time and consideration.

 

Janie Oyakawa

never underestimate a good old fashioned letter

2 comments:

Amanda said...

I bet (if they can) they will remove it from the Credit report b/c they just want their money! Let us know how it turns out.

Centennial called me 3 times in 2 weeks to get me to pay for L's ear tube surgery there. We didn't know we were going to have to pay their part the DAY of the surgery at 5:30 am when we reported there. We had not yet received Steve's new Flex spending card from his new job. The lady almost didn't let us have the surgery. But we let her hold our Credit Card #.....We explained we had put all this money on his flex card for the surgery and if we didn't use it it was lost. She didn't seem to care. She only wanted their money. I don't really blame them b/c I am sure they work with a lot of ppl that lie to them and never pay.

Amber Hooten said...

Good for you Janie! That takes courage to do that! I hope that they do take it off your credit. I know that will be a relief to you when you finally get all these bills settled. Good luck!