Saturday, February 07, 2009

Arrangements


Just wanted to let everyone know what our family has planned and to thank you all for the offers of help. Aunt Beth's wishes were to be cremated and those arrangements have been taken care of. Aunt Beth lived most of her life in Texas and extended family is all over the South, the only family in Virginia is my Mom. So we have decided to hold a small memorial service in June at our Family Reunion.  That will make it easier for extended family.  After that Meg and I will arrange a covert operation to sprinkle her ashes along with her husband's on the Ranch in Kerrville (Texas Hill Country) where they built their dream home. Its is a large ranch so I hope we can accomplish our mission without trespassing.

I will need some help during spring break. Me, Meg and Cora are going to fly up there to finish taking care of the belongings in her house and drive back in a UHaul with stuff and her two dogs. The kids are thrilled that we will be adopting them into our family. I can't say I am thrilled but I am happy to do it for Aunt Beth. She was most concerned about her 'babies' Buster and Noel.

2 comments:

My name is Andrea said...

Dude, you are a saint. :o)

The A Team said...

let me know what i can do. maybe the bigger kiddos can come play for awhile here.