Monday, February 09, 2009

Penny Pinchers POSTPONED and I love my vacuum cleaner

thats it, unless you really want to come and talk saving money and possibly catch the flu

Wait I lied there is more, because it falls under saving money



testing was done at the Consumer Reports headquaters and ...
65 pounds of wood flour and 33 pounds of sand and talc later 
My vacuum wins again!!!
My Hoover Tempo Widepath on sale at Ace Hardware for around 65 bucks was #3 this year beating all the big wigs: 
Kirby $1350 was #9
Kenmore $350 was #6
and The over loved Dyson "absolute animal" $550 was #13
the Dyson complete $400 came in the abysmal #19 spot 
 I know this will cause controversy  for all ya Dyson lovers but my vacuum is better than your vacuum - just kidding, but it was WAY CHEAPER

and before I get the comments because I know I will, yes mine takes bags but I prefer that, Even with all my kids and animals I only have to put in a new bag like every 10-12 vacuum jobs but with my last bagless I had to dump it every time (sometimes twice) and the cloud of dust it caused sent me outside to dump it - which was a pain in the butt. So I officially prefer bags. But still most of all I prefer only paying 65 bucks on a vacuum that does an amazing job.

one last thing, yes I know I am rambling, I found my vacuum bags at Dollar General - so little cost on the bag issue.  love it!

I love consumer reports...

cuz it saves ya money


4 comments:

Tony said...

Ahhhh... vacuuming is like watching a zen garden, isn't it?

Signed,

A Former Short-Term Domestic Engineer

My name is Andrea said...

I {heart} my Dyson. I'm glad you like yours. But I got mine on sale for less than $300...and it's pink.
It sucks like no other. And even if it's all in my head, I like vacuuming more now and it's not as dusty as my old bagless (I like bags, too.)
I hope you guys feel better soon!!

Amanda said...

I like bags too--although I thought I wanted a dyson when my 10 year old Panasonic bits the dust....I'll have to take a look at yours:)

Sarah said...

i love this vacuum too!!! for the first time i feel like my carpet is really clean-- the best christmas present i ever gave myself :D