Thursday, February 12, 2009

What we do for fun

We feel better... finally. I don't have my voice back - almost but not yet. Meaning I can't quite yell at the kids yet :)
Yesterday we (me, ella and maiya) took a long bath. Because nothing feels better when you are sick than a nice hot bath right? And you know what is tons of fun during bathtime? Empy shampoo bottles. Ella had just finished off a bunch of travel sized bottles and we thought it was fun to suction them to our chins and act like turkeys. Well our fun left its mark... literally. I have circular hickeys all over my chin today. So if you see me don't make fun of me... too much.
This is how I found Cora living it up the other morning.

Ella said "I read her a page then I let her have a lick"
Oh, there are many benefits to being number 4!

8 comments:

Abby said...

The hickies don't look too bad from here, if it's any consolation. Also, the lollipop bit was a hoot.

Gary Church said...

You have good kids! I'm not sure what's more impressive ... that Ella is reading to your baby, or that she's sharing her lollipop, or that your baby is quietly AND patiently waiting for you to rescue her. Adorable!

The A Team said...

what a great big sister!! hope you guys get back to yelling form soon. :)

Juli said...

That is way funny.

Amanda said...

hee, hee! i can't believe cora still has her mattress that high! l's had to be moved down months ago---he pulls up in his crib and goes crazy!

Janie said...

I still swaddle her so she just kind of rolls back and forth in her burrito, but even when I don't swaddle her she only spins around.

Beth said...

Janie, your kids are great!

Molly said...

It's so true about the youngest kids. My youngest got her first sucker when she was about 6 months old. One of the older siblings had left it sitting out, she got to it and LOVED it! So sweet of Ella to read her a book.