Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Yes CJane my mom does read my blog...

And she gets me what I want!!!! The side swipe blade is on its way for my Kitchen Aid.

Man I love her. 

I remember growing up and shopping for clothes and there would be those times when I wanted BOTH cute outfits and she'd leave me to decide which one I'd take home. I'd fret and fret and finally pick one. Then she would go up to the counter and buy both. My mom is cool like that.

Bib on backwards because she is super-baby
"Hi I am the best book ever for moms!!!!"

So besides being grateful for my mom today I was just thinking how grateful I am for reading Babywise. I seriously think that they should give that book to all new moms.  
Cora naps 2.5 hours in the morning and 2.5 hours in the afternoon.  Today I was so grateful for that because I got a migraine that rocked my world in the all the wrong ways.  My head hurt so bad I lost my lunch - literally.  After puking my brains out I decided to lay Cora down early. I swaddled her, gave her a paci, laid her on her side and felt bad that she was really awake and not quite ready to go back to sleep. BUT SHE DID. And as I laid next to Maiya watching cartoons - I curled into the fetal position and thanked my lucky stars! Since Cora was so good and Maiya stayed by me and fell asleep too I was able to sleep off the migraine just in time to finish getting ready for Cub Scouts! Small miracle, since some of my migraines have lasted for days on end.


Oh one more thing to me thankful for....

ASK AND YOU MAY RECEIVE....

I wrote a letter to one doctor asking her to forgive the remainder of my bill due to our financial situation. Well I got a call two days ago from the billing department. The woman said the doctor appreciated my letter and forgave the remaining balance.  Another small miracle.

7 comments:

Amber Hooten said...

I LOVE those small miracles. I remember that we didn't get billed from the anesthesiologist for a year after Elyse was born. They were out of network when the hospital was in network anyway.. to make a long story short about two years after giving birth to Elyse they finally gave up on us. After Mady was born I thought for sure that they would remember and want us to pay the remaining balance of $1500, but NOPE. Apparently they forgave that debt. Don't know how. It was a small miracle for us because that was the time when Clay was layed off from work the first time around. I love those miracles. Count your blessings Janie. As an outsider reading this I can see the Lord is blessing you tremendously. You must be doing something right!

Amber Hooten said...

BTW... your comment made me laugh. Thanks for making me feel better. I am glad I am not the only one that has those days and experiences.

Ryann said...

Such happy news about the doc! Good for you for asking! And I love that book also! I believe you gave it to me and it saved my sanity. And maybe I should start advertising things on my blog for my mom to read as well:)

Abby said...

What an awesome doctor! And Mom!

Sarah said...

1st-- I have a few letters for you to write :D

2nd-- I'm crossing my fingers that your mom has a kitchenaid in the mail on its way for me-- cause I know mine doesn't j/k

3rd-- you do have an awesome mom

4th-- if i ever get the chance to have a baby again-- you know you will be my babywise

5th-- You Are AWESOME!!!

6th-- Oh, yeah guess what-- you're awesome!

InWeighOverMyHead said...

Great blessings

Gary Church said...

I have a few letters for you to write too! lol. I didn't know that was possible!