Sunday, April 19, 2009

Just got off the phone


With Aunt Hazel, she is a relative of mine who I am not sure if I have had the privledge of meeting. If we did meet I was too young to remember. Aunt Beth was working on getting us in touch with each other when she passed away. I am so glad she did.
It was the coolest conversation!
I picked her brain about family history. Dates and full names and such. I heard cool stories - like how she met her husband on a trek to the next city over to see "Alexander's Ragtime Band". How it took a long time to save up money to get married during the Depression. She told me about how she had 65 years of marriage and she knew every single day that her husband loved her - even if he was grouchy.  We both share a love of being frugal and staying busy.
Now I am going to figure out how to make a little trip to Arkansas and continue the conversation in person one day.

No comments: