Monday, September 26, 2005

Hated to do it but...

I added word verification to the comments - I didn't want to add an extra step - I don't like the idea of slowing down or deterring family and friends from making comments (they make my day) but I HATE the onslaught of stupid spam comments. So now after you type your comment you will have to copy a hodgepodge of letters they have on the screen so that computer generated comments won't appear on my blog.
For the most part they were benign but tonight as soon as I posted the last time, there were immediately 3 about you-know-what enlargement! - Can't have that on my babies' blog! - What I always wonder about spam is who buys this crap? - I almost get more angry about the people who actually buy into this junk and perpetuate the cycle than the spam makers themselves - after all we are a capitalist society - so I suppose they have a right to try to sell their product - I just want to hunt down the idiots that keep them in business!!

PS. Random thought - I just spell checked and Blogger.com's spell checker flags the word "blog" - kind of funny:) - I wonder if it will ever actually get in a dictionary - I often have to explain it to people!

No comments: