Monday, September 05, 2005

Where will I sleep?


Cardboard Armor works for Benjamin but Mommy needs something stronger!
As you can see I have added a few things tonight - I am burning off nervous energy about B's first day of school tomorrow. Today was a nice day, we put air in the kids bike tires and went down to Mt Trashmore and went riding around the lake, then when we got home the pool was open for its last day this season so we all went for a swim (as you can see in the other post even Maiya got ready but it was actually too chilly for her to take a little dip), then we had a lazy afternoon. A few comments Benjamin made throughout the day pulled a little to hard on my heart strings. First thing this morning as Kyle was working on his bike he kept asking Why this Why that, then out of nowhere he says "I shouldn't ask why, my friend (name excluded) says I ask 'why' too much" then later he says "My friend says I talk funny" - Is it wrong for a protective mom to want to go beat up another kid? - The funny thing is though it didn't really seem to bother Benjamin at all. He was very matter of fact about it, and Kyle very eloquently said everybody does things differently, people look different, act different, and sound different. And then later to max out my emotions Benjamin (still matter of fact) comes and asks where will he sleep at school. Good lord, this poor child thinks I am sending him away to kindergarten to live? "no angel you will be back home right before lunch time - where as mommy's heart has officially taken up residence in her throat!

No comments: