Thursday, September 22, 2005

Wipeout!

Benjamin is really getting into riding his bike - he goes pretty fast now and he has to ride back in circles around us as we walk so he doesn't go too far ahead. Tonight he shot straight out of the door and was way ahead in no time - I yelled at him to come back around and he cut it too fast and wiped out big time - I ran up to him and he wasn't crying, just laying flat on his back looking up into the air with his eyes as big as saucers - I stayed calm so he would too "well Benjamin you had your first real fall - how was it?" He says slowly without a single tear "Actually, It was miserable" His response caught me off guard and cracked me up! I helped him up and he was on his way again ... and yes Grandma and Nana he was wearing his helmet.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahaha...that was adorable!

Anonymous said...

Wow, Janie.. he is so much more advanced physically than you were in learning to ride a bike. In first grade you wanted to learn to ride your bike while holding on to the chain link fence. And I couldn't seem to convince you that wasn't a good plan. So I told you that it didn't matter if you fell off your bike because kids fall off their bikes every day.

Of course the next week, you fell off your bike and ended up in the hospital for 24 hours because you were throwing up blood. Oops. MOST of the time moms tell the truth LOL!

Anonymous said...

I don't even remember Kyle learning to ride a bike. Sad, isn't it? I'm glad B wasn't hurt and I love his comment!!