Monday, September 19, 2005

Sick of it!!

I have a major frustration with TV - I know its mostly crap and I try to keep it off more often than not. I try to pick half way decent things to watch but what ends up being the problem are commercials and previews - why do they insist on having gory, scary, immodest commercials on in every time slot? If the show isn't appropriate until after 9pm the content of their commercials should be the same. Benjamin doesn't pay a whole lot of attention but Ella sure does and should I have to explain a stabbing, dug up human bones, a woman faking an orgasm, and a morgue scene to a 3 year old after a few commercials. Don't even get me started on Movie rental places either, where on any shelf they have bloody images on all of the recent horror movies just a few spaces down from Barbie & the Unicorn! Maybe soon we can get TIVO or something like it and go commercial free or the opposite just go TV free!

2 comments:

Sanjay said...

i would like to second on that. its about time that TV considers ad-free versions of their services. the impact of excessing violence or love scenes for ads targetted for young ones (here in brazil its worse) cannot be undone by any amount of effort on the part of the parents.

http://bloggingyoga.blogspot.com

Ryann said...

I couldn't agree more. I have often voiced that same opinion. You would think that they would have the common sense not to do it. Shoot those commercials even freak me out!