Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Someone needs attention


I feel like I have to play my cards just right ... Ella is really pushing my buttons - I suppose this is her way of displaying frustration with Benjamin being in school. For the past 2 days she has been crying over the least little things (which isn't far from normal) but now she will cry forever! This morning she asked for gum and I said no because there are only a few pieces left - that was at 10:15 she is still crying about it almost an hour later. And its not just fussy crying its wailing/screaming crying! When Benjamin got home yesterday she kept picking on him, taking everything he set down and then not giving it back. Then with the baby she likes to 'help' but lately she wants to do it all by herself so there is Maiya naked on the couch mid diaper change and Ella refusing to give me the diaper because she wants to do it all by herself. And I have tried to get a couple pictures of the baby and Ella jumps beside her for every shot. (How dare I take a picture in this house and not include Ella - I swear I could go take pics of Zeke's poo and Ella would pose beside it) I want to handle this the right way though - I want' her to feel 'included' and 'respected' and all that psycho babble stuff but I also want to nip this crap in the bud! Or is middle child syndrome inevitable?

No comments: