Thursday, July 17, 2008

Things I love right now...

  • Sarah's suggestion to run hot water on a diaper and place it on my GINORMOUS chest for some relief from engorgement.
  • My Nursing cover clips - A very cheap version of a nursing cover up that so far I like better. I don't have to take up room in my purse with another blanket and it works with any blanket. And down the road I can use it to make disposable "bibs" from napkins when we are out and about. Can't beat this one for $6
  • Our new awesome stroller - we searched high and low for an umbrella stroller that accomodates an infant for our planned trip to Disneyland. This Stroller is a tri-fold that folds in half like a bigger stroller, then folds again like an umbrella. Its soooooo light and much smaller than those HUGE travel systems deals so it fits in our van easily. Using it for the first time today was a dream, so light and easy to push even with one hand. I could manuever all the doors solo without a problem. LOVE IT! Oh and it has a strap when folded so you can hook the whole stroller on your shoulder, so perfect for carrying through airports and such.
  • And last but not least our Take-along Swing, Cora's favorite place to sleep. I can move it around where we are and still see her, but it has all the bells and whistle's of a full size swing - just perfect.

Update:

Cora went to the doctor for the first time today. She got rave reviews - she is jaundiced but everything else is perfect. She now weighs 8lbs. 9 ozs. The doctor was shocked that she was above birth weight. He said she was only the second baby he has seen that has gained above birth weight in five days.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

you have been so blessed!!! glad the diapers worked.

Ryann said...

Reading this makes me kind of sad. You now have a child that I have not met:( But she is a beautiful baby! Gorgeous!!!!

Unknown said...

Cora is absolutely beautiful. What a blessing.

The A Team said...

she's so beautiful!! kudos to sarah for thinking outside the box, that hurts like crazy.