Wednesday, July 02, 2008

I'd like to say this has a happy ending


I am the meanest mommy in the world, With Guantanamo Bay tactics, I force my kids to eat three whole bites of food before they leave the table - when its not their favorite meal or if its new. Maiya ate two, spent a little time in the corner, then came back for the final bite. That is when the battle of wills started. She refused to swallow it! She spent over TWENTY full minutes on top of the counter sans clothes because she kept drooling on them and threatening to puke. Even a phone call to grandma didn't get the food down her throat. It all ended with a spanking and bedtime at 6:30.
PS - If you ever need to borrow the phone at my house, don't worry it got wiped down with a Clorox wipe!

Translation:

"Grandma"

"I love you"

"I love you so much, too"

"I want you to come to my house"

and rescue me...

9 comments:

Sarah said...

you meanie weenie :D ooh and the spanking-- thank you for not posting her nakedness, you never know who is lurking :D hahahahahah!!!

Anonymous said...

You really are the meanest Mommy in the world!! (smile) what was it she wouldn't eat?? You might have some problems with ME in that department, depending on what it is! HA!

ChellaJ [Rachelle] said...

Your soooo mean and that was sooo funny.

Bethanne said...

That is hilarious...and terrible. Gosh, who knew you had such a mean streak?! :) 3 whole bites? Geez mom.

The A Team said...

ryan has kept a bite that we thought he'd swallowed in his cheek all night long...through teeth brushing and a drink of water...sneaky kids.

Gary Church said...

Yes, Drill Sargent! What was it that she didn't want to eat? LOL!!

Lisa said...

My My My! They do try and wear us down don't they? :)

Lisa said...

BTW, do you mind if i add the link to your site on my site?

Janie said...

Please feel free to add me to your friends list Lisa!!!
and lest everyone think I am really, really mean, it was just pasta with ground turkey and corn and some seasoning. She had eaten the first two bites just fine. She was just being ornery. I am a little bit nicer if I know they truly, truly don't like it. Unless they say "ewww or gross" then they have to eat all of it.