Monday, July 23, 2012

Your Questions about the bread store...


Do they have whole wheat - High Fructose Corn Syrup free bread?

yes... sometimes - their stock changes moment to moment depending on what product is coming in and what is being bought. That is one of the most popular breads so stock can be low. By low I mean less than 12 loaves because that is at least how much I want to buy at once.

If you see it on sale in a flyer or at the store, chances are good there will be a lot at the bread store.

Will they hold stock for me?

yes if you call them they will let you know if they have your favorite brand and if you are coming in THAT DAY they will hold it for you.

What is their phone number?

972-548-0787

Where are they again?

811 N. MacDonald Street McKinney

Tell me more about Discount Day? Does this mean there is less stock?

Discount Day used to be Senior Citizen Day but they extended it to everyone a while back and left it like that. Every Wednesday you get 10% off your entire purchase.
as far as stock goes... it fluctuates.. They do not take in any new stock on Wednesdays - so Discount days does clear out inventory for them. But it doesn't necessarily mean less selection. It all depends. Remember you can call ahead.

What are the best days for good selection?

Mondays and Thursdays they receive the most products in the store.

I went and it wasn't as cheap as I was expecting....

You may have shopped on the wrong side of the store - the right side is fresh from the bakery - still cheaper than the grocery store but not the cheapest. The left side is discounted - loaves are either .75 to .85 a loaf.
Don't shop in the middle of the store - not any cheaper than Sam's club for those items.

I didn't get free items...

You have to spend at least 6 dollars

Don't forget to get a punch card....

They won't always offer it, you need to ask. Fill a punch card and you get a free loaf of bread and a free "sweet bread"

The most popular item in the store?

Cinnamon Raisin bread. eww.. I don't like raisins.

But I make my bread from scratch...

Kuddos to you, but you may not be making it cheaper than this bread. Healthier yes! Cheaper - questionable - depends on your ingredient prices. But no matter I do envy you, maybe one day I will be organized and motivated to make all of our bread from scratch. I am not there yet.


PS. Hope you guys feel the love because telling you about this endangers my bread supply !!! LOL...

No comments: