Monday, July 23, 2012

Kale Chips


I love that bountiful baskets inspires me to try new things because I would have skipped over buying some of the fruits and veggies that they offer. With our kale we made KALE CHIPS!!

Cut the kale leaves off the stem, and tear into smaller pieces, wash and dry well.

I wash and then layer in paper towels and roll it up to dry thoroughly (I also do this with lettuce)

Toss with EVOO and vinegar (I used balsamic) of your choice - 1 tablespoon of each per head of kale



toss till all is coated

layer on baking sheet and roast in oven set at 300 for this is the tricky part - recipes says 30 minutes reviews on allrecipes said as little as 5, mine when about 25 minutes.

season with salt and eat.
you can't tell from the picture but they are very crispy and yummy.

No comments: