Thursday, May 14, 2009

Wait, wait I changed my mind

THIS ARTICLE has the best synopsis, if you have not been previously caught up in the Jon and Kate fever like me. They even make fun of her haircut too!
+

=
train wreck


We finally cancelled cable in our money saving pursuits. I have been wanting to for a LONG time but we were locked in a contract.  The cut-off was supposed to happen two Saturday's ago but Time Warner is behind at the moment. I suppose there are a lot of people making the same decision as us.

I was actually looking forward to cable being gone - one less fight over cartoons a day will be nice. BUT... I am going to miss my addiction specifically TLC and more specific than that -- my favorite train wreck to watch comfortably from my sofa: 

Jon and Kate plus 8... aka. Crazy woman bosses people around

I CAN'T STAND THAT WOMAN - She is the epitome of everything that annoys me: controlling, germ freak, mean to her husband, snobby, obsessed with appearances, puts money above her children and family....
I think she was meant to have all these children so many women could have a perfect example of what kind of wife NOT to be.

As much as I detest her I haven't been able to stop watching from the first episode where she bossed her husband around for an over the top birthday party.  I thought then : "I see a divorce in her future..."  In the background Kyle has said many times "Man if you ever talked to me like that..."

So lately I have splurged on one of my guilty pleasures - tabloids just so I could read all the sordid details of Jon's recent affair. Here is a video of him sneaking out the girlfriend's house. And even better online is family airing the dirty laundry for them.  The word now on the street is that she has had an affair too with the security guard. hmmmmmmm

I thought the scandal might postpone the season re-start or even cancel the show entirely. But no, Jon and Kate will continue to exploit their children for my viewing pleasure. (I mean when they are making 50,000-75,000 per episode how can they stop?)

And in this interview they say the opening episode will devote an hour to the marriage struggles they may or may not be having.  So now I am keeping my fingers crossed that Time Warner stays behind schedule till May 25th because if my cable is gone I am coming to someone's house to watch!!  Save me a place on the sofa

PS - even though it can be said that the Duggars also exploit their family for money - I totally love them. They are on the strange side of the ultra heavy duty bible belt Christian (skirts and long hair) thing.  But, I think they are good people and I have gleamed much more useful info from watching them than Jon and Kate.
Dave Ramsey says money will make you more of what you already are. If you are good money will make you able to do more good things. If you are weak money will make you weaker. HMMMM look who's having trouble.

Oh and one more thing - what is with her horrendous haircut? Flock of seagulls look?

7 comments:

Nikki said...

I love this show! As much as she drives me crazy too!! If you're cable gets cancelled, you can for sure come to my house and watch it....I dvr them, so I'll have them for sure!

Kleanteeth said...

My, aren't we being judgemental. I did like that show too. Anybody with 8 kids so young is bound to lose a few screws in my opinion, but they seemed to handle it well.

Amanda said...

Janie--YOU CRACK ME UP:) She is way bossy and many times I have though "why in the world must they wear a bib at age 4?" And why must she not let them do one thing that might stain their precious clothes??? Wear play clothes for pete's sake!!!! Thanks for all the inside info:) May 25...huh? Better write that down! I DVR them too--but they will only be on the TV I just bought from you in my bedroom....HA! SO if you want to watch them on a better TV I'd go to Nikki's:) LOL!

Do they really make that much an episode?????!!!! What about the Duggar's? And if they make that much $$$ Why is she so concerned about ONE stain on their clothes???!!

Beth said...

Janie, you crack me up! I am obsessed with this show, too, and with all this drama going on I cannot wait for the season premier! I hope you get to watch it as well!

Janie said...

Kristi
I am being totally judgemental - when you get paid BIG bucks to have film crews film your life and broadcast it all over the world you get the added benefit of being judged by nobodies like me.

and I am like that - I don't usually get mean until I see someone being mean - then I am mean as hell back

Gary Church said...

I saw that show ONE TIME and it was enough for me. I was totally disgusted. I thought she was a bossy wreck ... but beyond that, I hated that they paraded their kids and their lives around on TV. Pathetic. I'm just sayin'.

Abby said...

That woman is a total harpie. Do you watch The Soup? Probably not if you're getting rid of cable (by the way, it takes them forever to shut off cable no matter what--I think they're hoping you'll change your mind in the mean time). They showed a segment where Kate when NUTS on her husband because he didn't use a coupon and she ran screaming after him to show her the receipt for the purchase. So they altered the clip and every time she screamed at him they showed some guy's hand loading a gun, cocking the hammer, etc.

Well, I thought it was funny anyway.