Thursday, January 01, 2009

In case you were wondering

Me, Meg, Maiya, and Cora are in Virginia. We are helping Aunt Beth do some spring cleaning(well just me and Meg- Maiya and Cora aren't so good with the cleaning yet) . Yes I know its not spring - minor detail. Benjamin and Ella would be here too except we have already gotten one of those nastygrams from the school threatening to charge us a $500 fine if they miss anymore school.
Few thoughts -
Had my cabbage, pork and black eye peas today for health, wealth, and good luck. Its a southern thang...
Did you know road trips with a 3 y.o. and an infant isn't the easiest thing. One stop begats two more, because you always forget to do something, feed someone, or the stopping of the car wakes the previously content one up.
Its cold here in Virginia.
I miss Texas, but I have to say Virginia is way pretty!
Aunt Beth's husband Bill owned a Canon F-1 with some AMAZING lenses - We came across it today and Aunt Beth is going to let me play with it!! I can't wait. I have never been excited about film, but these lenses are to die for and I think tinkering with a film SLR will help me learn even more about photography.
well that's about it, I'm scatter-brained.

oh yeah...

HAPPY NEW YEAR

4 comments:

Sarah said...

regardless of the prettiness-- come home to TEXAS!!!! hope y'all are having fun-- happy new year!!!

The A Team said...

i was wondering where you were. i drove by the other day and noticed things were a little quiet. happy new year!!

Abby said...

Blech. If there's one thing I've discovered, it's that travelling with children, particularly babies, SUCKS. BAD. I hate it.

What on earth have you been doing with your children to haul them out of school so often?? Sheesh.

Janie said...

Disney then Gram's funeral, they freak after nine days - remember Ferris Bueller

"Ferris has missed school nine times..."