Thursday, January 22, 2009

Mommmmm, Can I print something?



I am sort of a printer nazi around here. I can't tell you how much computer paper has gone the way of random art projects and how much printer ink has been spent on random rainbows and my little pony print outs. I have limited printing to only the most noble of endeavors. Well who am I kidding I limit it until the whining drives me crazy and I say "yes but only print one thing". While folding laundry (something I do a lot of around here) Ella screamed from downstairs the can I print just one thing mantra and I said "I guess" It wasnt' until the next morning when putting away clothes (something I also do a lot of) that I saw this on her wall:
WHAT THE??????????? What happened to my little ponies???? 
long, long sigh

7 comments:

My name is Andrea said...

I am rolling around on the floor laughing!! :o) The ponies are gone dear, they are gone. I feel the same way about the printer and the paper. My kiddos use it to make origami, and cut out play money and confetti and draw pictures and write "keep out" to hang on their doors...I hate it when I go to print something of utmost importance and there IS NO PAPER!!! Love the poster, by the way!

Lisa said...

And so it begins... lol

Molly said...

That is so funny! I'm feeling the same thing happening in our house. We've gone from Cinderella and Ariel to High School Musical and Hannah Montana. Sigh. I guess they have to grow up, but why do they have to? I miss my Princess. Now I've got a pop star want-to-be on my hands. She still likes princesses a lot, they just aren't the focus anymore....

Amber Hooten said...

Oh noooooo! Not that already! Oh my... i am glad we are still in the My Little Pony stage still. Hopefully we won't leave that stage for a LONG time.

Sarah said...

are we ready for this? i'm not-- claire has to stay a little girl cause i don't do well with emotional girls :D

Meredith said...

Ha! Emily and Sofia walk around all day talking about their "boyfriends" the "Jonas Brothers"....oh yes...it's lovely.

Abby said...

Awww, so sad. You hate to see the little things grow up so fast. What bugs me more are the moms who encourage their kids to move on and up when they're still so little. Like the four-year-old who was told to move beyond Dora and onto HSM and Hannah Montana. That's sad.