Saturday, January 17, 2009

Kyle is a salesman now


trying to blog this with the absolute best attitude. Kyle got the job yesterday and he starts on the 26th. Its is very much a blessing. This job search thing is emotionally exhausting. Its seems as though there are very few companies that are even done laying off around here, much less hiring. So to find a company that is hiring with full benefits from day one - is very comforting. The problem is its just about entry level. Sales with a low base pay +  commission. I have NEVER wanted to live on commission - its scares the heck out of me. But you know what is scarier than commission? - no income!  They are a growing company and believe they will have some more positions open up that Kyle would be a candidate for soon.  So we are relieved with some stability, but we will continue being frugal like never before trying to make it on a very small fraction of our previous budget.

but seriously, I am so grateful. I am bad about praying with specifics to HF, but the other day we prayed before going to the temple with a very specific  prayer about our financials plans. It basically went like this : we are giving it 8 weeks and then Janie starts looking to go back to work. Help us know if this is right."  If this job works out ok I may not have to do that.  Prayer works, even when things continue to be hard. 

9 comments:

Sarah said...

you have no idea how you have strengthened my testimony-- its all going to be okay :D love you guys

Unknown said...

I am so glad to hear that he found a job! I am very gratefuly for the power of prayer.

Amber Hooten said...

Congats on the job! I know that HF does answer prayers. You have been in mine for a while! It will all work out! There is always a trial that we are given. If it's not one thing than it's another. We got a job... moved... and now we are trying to sell a house that is priced much lower than I ever wanted it to be. Although we are in negotiations right now and that has been another answer to one of my LONG prayers! So many things keep us up at night, right? I am happy for you all! He will answer your prayers about working in His time, but it's really not that long as I look back on what I thought were unanswered prayers.

My name is Andrea said...

Take it from someone who has lived on commission since 1997 and now lives on 100% commission (with no base), it can work, it takes TONS of faith, but can lead to tons of blessings! YOu guys are awesome, we love you and are happy for you!

Amanda said...

I am so glad to hear this. it must be bittersweet that he has a job...but not the salary or stability you want. I hope the company works out and he can move up. At least you have "some" money coming in now.

InWeighOverMyHead said...

I am so happy he found a job! :) I know it might be hard, but I am sl glad HF answered this prayer... :)

Tony said...

Congratulations to Kyle! Now let's get working on that all-Pennsylvania Super Bowl! ;)

Abby said...

Wow, good luck to you both! Commission ain't easy; our prayers are with you. Congrats on the job, Kyle!

Ryann said...

So happy to hear that! Hopefully those other positions will open up soon as well! Good things are starting to happen for you!