Sunday, September 28, 2008

Makes me smile, laugh, and break down in tears...

Blogging is my journaling, this belongs in my journal, but I will also share it here. Its personal but a great example of how important it is to tell each other how we feel. I will ALWAYS treasure this letter from my Mom. She sent it to me and my sister. today.

Hello My Beautiful Girls…
I am having a strange sort of nostalgic day, and I figured it was a moment I should share with you. For a brief moment, I just wanted more than anything in the world to go back to when you were both little and the world was perfect. I just didn’t know at the time how perfect it was.
You were both loving little ones who loved with such pure hearts. You never cared how much money we had, what we looked like, or how we compared in the rat race of life to all the other rats. We were just Mama and Daddy. And unlike other siblings in other families we knew, you WANTED to share a room. When we did put you in separate rooms, Daddy put a hole in the closet walls so you could sneak back and forth to each other’s rooms. And generally, I found you together in the morning. I think you were both glad when Tommy came into the family because then you got to sleep together “for real” as you said back then.
I remember living on Natchez Lane as some of our best times. Janie, you wanted to grow up enough to walk to Me-Maw’s on your own. I finally let you so you didn’t want to tell me that you actually got gently hit by a car. And of course, you said I let Meg do it much soon than I let you.
I remember working in the yard and even having a garden! You would get so dirty, I would hose you off outside before you came in and got in the tub. And once you got in the tub, it took an act of Congress to get you OUT of the tub. Janie, I remember putting you on the bus to ride off to the strange world of first grade, and Meg would wait at the glass storm door all day for you to come home.
Well, I could go on and on. But what I really want to tell you is that your Dad and I loved each other and we loved you more than you can realize. When each of you was born, we laid in the bed deep into the night talking about the marvel of creating you. There was much celebrating your births. You were beautiful babies and you have grown into beautiful women.
I don’t know where your lives will take you. But in your heart, you will always have my love with you. There has been a lot of anger and hurt expressed since the divorce. I just thought it time to express the continuing love and the beautiful life you have given me.

Mom

8 comments:

Bethanne said...

Wow, Janie, that was beautiful. That is so very special...

Ryann said...

That was beautiful. Thank you for sharing.

Hallie said...

That's beautiful, Janie. Thank you for sharing it.

Amanda said...

okay---That produced tears:) So touching...thanks for sharing.

Juli said...

Oh Janie, that was really beautiful. You're very lucky to have your mom.

Practically Perfect In Every Way said...

that was beautiful

Practically Perfect In Every Way said...

that was beautiful

Beth said...

What a beatiful letter! You're right, we should tell each other how we feel more often than we do.