Tuesday, November 13, 2007

I do have a medium saturation level

So I have too many things going on and I am dragging my feet on all of them.
First off carpet:
The carpet was in so-so condition when we moved here and I shampooed it myself. Well I must have washed off what little stainguard there was left on it because it looked good for about 48 hours then it got awful fast. And that has happened each subsequent time I have shampooed it myself. So I decided to fork over the money have a professional company do it and then put stain protectant on it. Then I canceled thinking I should finish with the worst part of potty training. Then I rescheduled thinking that could be a long time from now. Then I canceled again thinking we need to paint the stairwell. So we put a first coat on this weekend and the carpet people will get here in the morning. That leaves us one day to put on a second coat, move furniture and vacuum good. I can't decide when to get things done then I leave myself too much to do in a little amount of time. Oh yeah and I have a few million things to do for the Nativity Exhibit.
Then there is the yard. I wanted to plant a lot of bulbs this fall. When I had the time I didn't have the money. Then I had the money so I bought the bulbs and yet they aren't in the ground yet. And the other thing I don't know whether or not to feel guilty about is the leaves. Last year when the leaves fell I thought "oh yeah our rakes didn't make the move I should buy two at the store" and the very next day the crazy wind had blew every single leaf out of our yard. Someone actually said to me - don't buy a rake here, we have good wind. But it has been a little less windy this fall and the leaves sit. No one else seems to be raking yet. So I am going to wait too.
Last random thought - Where do those huge drains we have on our streets lead to? Last night I saw a fearful Chihuahua wandering around the neighborhood. I pulled up to it, got out of the van and tried to approach it when it jumped in the sewer drain!!! I didn't know what to do - it was pitch black and I didn't hear it scrambling or freaking out or nothing. I hope the little guy is ok - I can't see how he could climb back out so I hope he knew where he was going.

2 comments:

Kleanteeth said...

According to finding nemo, all drains lead to the ocean.

Sarah said...

Your carpet is so beautiful now. Aren't you so glad you finally went through with it.