Friday, November 16, 2007

Definition of Responsibility?

So a few weeks ago I had a long talk with Benjamin covering the following:
You need to be more responsible, you are getting really good about getting up and feeding Zeke and doing your homework - but that is not everything. There are 3 big things you need to work on -
1. STOP PICKING your nose, its GROSS - if you have to, go in the bathroom.
2. You need to brush your teeth every morning and every night without being bugged.
3. Pick up your room and turn off the lights before you go downstairs in the morning.

Fast forward to last night - We are driving down the street when the talk of Christmas lists comes up, and Benjamin brings up a frequent request "I want a pocket knife please" - No Bud you are not responsible enough for that (yes I kind of felt like A Christmas Story - You'll shot your eye out because I was thinking "you'll cut your finger off" - A whiny wail ensues "But mom I have been picking my nose in the bathroom for two weeks and you haven't even noticed!!!!!!!!!!! I AM RESPONSIBLE"

At dinner the conversation continued. Ok Benjamin what else do you want besides a pocket knife or video games. "Well I have really been thinking I would like a car" - The funniest part is how absolutely drop dead serious he is, quieting our laughter Kyle says "You know you can't drive until you are 16" - "Well I guess you guys could borrow it until then."
"No Benjamin you are not getting a car for Christmas" - long sigh "Ok I guess a motorcycle then"

1 comment:

Ryann said...

That was hilarious!