Sunday, January 01, 2012

Top 10



He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice.


Most visited posts of 2011:


10. You have my permission to forgive yourself. This post was inspired by someone comparing being fat to being a smoker. Which is about the same as comparing a meth addict to being tall. Smoking is a behavior. Fat is not.; neither is being short, or brown eyed, or curlied headed.

9. The harder you try to lose weight - are you constantly trying to restrict your calories or thinking about doing so - stop it, its messing with your body's homeostasis and hormones and might be making your body bigger. Intuitive eating is where its at!

8. You have my permission to love your body! Where my HAES (Health at Every Size) journey starts. Just this time last year I was adding a calorie tracker to my ipod. NEVER AGAIN DIETING INDUSTRY!! I have found the light - follow me to it :)

7. Depression - where the dog dug up my new garden 

6. No-poo - all about how to take care of your curls by going shampoo free!

5. Are you being a bully? Talking crap about yourself is ok right?? ummm no. Especially if you are bad mouthing features that someone in the room has, come on ladies you're smarter than that.

4. The Silence was deafening... woo ... boy ... On this topic of saying no to birth control, feathers were ruffled. Reminded me of a podcast where the person said 'want to hide something from the Church? just put it in the scriptures...they'll miss it in there' Just because its between "husband and wife" doesn't mean you weren't asked to do it.

3. "Further thoughts on that topic" became popular after I guest blogged at one of my favorite blogs here, "A Mormon perspective on sterilization."  It was a follow-up to my original post on the topic here: Off my chest LDS & birth control.

2. Dear Lisa Masterson. Your misguided views on natural childbirth and infant circumcision are such BS. I'd feel sorry for you being so ignorant if it wasn't for the fact that you are on TV. Reason # 1 doctors don't deserve your blind following: you can get your MD degree and be just as misguided and rude as this chick.

1. PE... Gym Class. Did you hate it too? Make exercise which should be fun a torture session? Sorry to hear that, here are my ideas to make it better.

bonus:
Fight the power be happy just the way you are!
(I admit to a little body snarking myself that I have avoided in the rest of my HAES posts.)


My favorite blog of the year elsewhere was: Ragen Chastain at Dances with Fat. Getting to have lunch with her in Dallas was very, very cool. And I am working on a little project with her right now :)

My second favorite blog of the year: Women in the Scriptures

My favorite post of the year (never linked up here before): Ten Rules for Fat Girls if you are new to accepting your body the way it is, print this out and hang it somewhere prominent.

In 2012 I will continue blogging about my adorable kids. Maybe there will be another one? I hope so (see # 4 & 3)
My sister is getting married in March - lots of pictures in the blog future!
I may tackle my spiritual ramblings more here - but they are tough ones. Like I can't even get my mind out of a pretzel sometimes - can I write about this too? kind of spiritual stuff.
I want to write more about routine infant circ. too. Ya know before I have to take down the blog for all the embarrassing stuff I've already put on here.

I hope its a wonderful year for you and I hope to see you around these parts!

No comments: