Sunday, January 08, 2012

LDS women discuss...

Are you in on this conversation?  click its a link, about this:


If you could ask Sister Julie B. Beck, the General Relief Society President,  any question what would it be?

Yes. I mean ANY question.

Such as:

  • Why do only men hold the priesthood? 
  • How do women really fit into the church? Do they have a place?
  • Why were Relief Society Meetings-- formerly known as Enrichment-- formerly known as Home, Family and Personal Enrichment--formerly known as Homemaking done away with? 
  • When is it OK to say NO? Is it ever?
  • What are we supposed to do with that new book they just put out? (Daughters in my kingdom)

I just have to say a lot of the comments resonate with me and they are not things that I can easily talk about with people...


2 comments:

Wendi said...

I was up until 12:30 last night reading all the comments.Very interesting and thought provoking. I found some were a bit complaining-I liked the ones that were simple and straight forward best. Some questions I have wondered about, but some of them have never crossed my mind. Some of them have never affected me; like a bunch of women asking about why their husbands were consulted about all their callings before they were extended. That has never happened to us. Even when I was YW President he wasn't asked first. Just very interesting!!

I totally want to watch the video of the meeting!!!

Janie said...

Oh man I've had a bunch of issues, a big one being JS's 30 wives and our church non-recognition of them - do they not deserve a mention?

We spend 3 times as much on the boys as we do the AD girls and they get day camp and badges... and the girls get one dance a year and only meet half as much to bake and make babysitter kits?

I've had them talk to Kyle about a calling for me before they talked to me too

its a lot to chew on and sometimes I choke.