Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Unless you work at Golden Corral...

I have probably cooked more than you in the past few days. 

In fact in the span of 4.5 days I cooked over 48 meals!! All those meals plus extra beans for the freezer.
You see cooking is the only thing I can do ahead of time. I can't stockpile laundry or vacuuming.
Over $400 shopping trip (three stores)


60 pans and lids from Sams club
Triple or quadruple batches of everything, above chili, below pork tenderloin with tomatoes over rice and veggies. (or maybe that's chicken I don't remember.)

one layer of saran wrap then lid to prevent freezer burn, Just don't forget to take off the saran wrap before putting in oven.
and label.


I have my own Hyperemesis Gravidarium protocol in place based off several from other people who go through this too:



Mine is not quite as in-depth.

1. Make tons of meal (DONE, I'd make more if I had more freezer space.)
2. Homemade Dilectin: borrowed from Whining Puker ( I have done this before but not smaller doses spread out during the day like she suggests)
10 mg Vitamin B6
10 mg Doxylamine Succinate, or Unisom - this is roughly half of one 25 mg tablet
3. Force myself to eat every 2 hours- Up protein at all meals! Snack on nuts.

4. Stay hydrated, and drink lots of lemon water (lemon is high alkaline, which can help based off this article.)
5. I am NOT taking pre-natal vitamins this time. They make me throw up - no way around it. So I am not trying anymore. A vitamin thrown up is not as good as a meal kept down.
6. Pray and meditate because like Ina May says "feelings effect labor" so I say feelings effect morning sickness too!
7. I honestly think that still breastfeeding PJ will help ease my morning sickness. Nursing while pregnant this is new for me.

I'll be six weeks along on Wednesday and I have not been sick yet (never gone this long before, so maybe the tides have changed for me! One sister from church said the older she got the less morning sickness she had so hip,hip, hooray for later pregnancies!!!

I have no defense for being pregnant at my sister's wedding. I have felt comfort in prayer that I will be A-OK for the big day. Which is rapidly approaching - how exciting!!!

3 comments:

Amanda said...

WOW--48 meals!! WOW is all I can say! AMAZING! good luck....i hope it keeps holding off....

Wendi said...

That is truly awesome, Janie. I did that when I was pregnant with my first 2, but not to that extent!! My only question is how many freezers do you have? Do all those containers fit into one freezer? Very cool!

Janie said...

I have an extra upright freezer and I borrowed a chest freezer from a friend I'd cook more if I had more freezer space lol