Sunday, May 22, 2011





The silence was deafening on my other post but that is ok.
I do regret if I came off too harsh and judgemental which I am, but I was being defensive.

I was sad though that at the womens conference lunch this weekend I was behind two women talking about being 'done' with kids. "you're not keeping those baby clothes are you?" you are done you said...." "oh yeah I am so done, but that dress was just too cute to give away"

And I thought to myself. Really? I mean REALLY? can I get away from this topic? Then they switched to talking about the people they hire to clean their house. One had to remind the housekeeper to wipe down the bunk beds and one was happy that she could leave money out without it being stolen.

then my head was spinning with judgement so I retreated into myself.

Other than that the Stake women's conference was amazing. I really liked the session on Preparing for temple worship. I have some good reading assignments. And Meredith and Betsy's talks were amazing!

I am also enjoying Sis. Beck's talk at BYU women's conference.

PS. I went to church in North Richland hills yesterday - It was a nice retreat. I went with Joni. It is amazing how you can feel such camaraderie and the Spirit with someone of another faith.

I so thought that a ward split would be announced while I was gone. oh well

** other blogs on this series here and here

2 comments:

Kleanteeth said...

Your part of Texas must be way different than my part because I don't ever find myself hearing about that topic with lds women. I do have many friends outside of church who don't want kids or very few.
The fact that you get so upset and defensive about other people's choices suggests something, I'm not sure what, maybe if I was a psychologist or something, I could put my finger on it.
You feel like you need to be defensive about your choice to have many kids by judging those who don't, makes us defensive too. Everybody lives with consequences of their choices, good and bad. I could care less if you have 15 kids. Don't worry about who does or doesn't keep this or that commandment.

Janie said...

maybe because I have five kids and everybody and their cousin bring it up everytime we are out in public - that is why its frequently on my mind.

nurse your fifth in a mormon mothers lounge and you'll hear plenty of comments

last night at the chinese buffet we needed a table for six and a high chair - "oh man you have too many kids" while laughing...
yeah not so funny when its the millionth time you've heard it.

and the fact that its is a HARD commandment to keep so I struggle with it too and find it funny that not many others struggle because they are a-ok to ignore that one.

I am not as judgemental as my words portray - I just don't have the courage to say to peoples face what I want to say so often - when I get snide comments so this is my soapbox. It doesn't take a psychologist to figure that one out.