Monday, May 02, 2011

there's a snake in my house dear sally, dear sally

Nana and I went to Time Out for Women this weekend. Really we just toured the highway between here and San Antonio. Because it took us 12 HOURS to get there - should have been around 5 hours, so the time that was supposed to be shopping in San Marcos and strolling the Riverwalk was spent in traffic. We even missed the first night - the session that Sheri Dew was speaking at - bummer.
But Saturday was awesome, great speakers with funny and uplifting messages. I especially enjoyed Emily Watts talking about making family traditions in your home because they are like road signs saying "happiness ahead" I thought about some I already do and some I'd like to start doing. She cautioned to keep them simple.
I loved the heartbreaking and encouraging and hysterical stories of Kris Belcher.
Mr. PJ and I spent out noisy moments in the lobby. Riddle me this though: Why in a conference exclusively for women, do mothers leave and nurse in a tiny cramped space whilst completely covered with fashionable hooter hiders? If you are going to cover why not stay in the conference?? Heck stay in the conference and don't cover.







While we were gone Kyle continued his reign as BEST DAD EVER:

He took the kids and Hickory to the Prosper Pooch Party where they played, got balloons, popped them, went back for more balloons and garnered free t-shirts, then went back for more balloons.


then.....



then...



then....


then....


then.....



while doing yardwork he caught them a snake to play with. After research it was determined to be a rough earth snake. They were all so smitten with it and impressed with their snake handling skills and the new knowledge that a rough earth snake is a gardners dream (aerates the soil and eats bugs) that they decided to save it for me. So they made a little habitat for it with an old cricket keeper and hid it in the laundry room to surprise me when I got home.






cept' when I got home and awoke from my exhaustion.

The snake wasn't in there anymore.

so... there is a snake somewhere in my house.

and I am surprisingly zen about it.

hopefully it will feel the call outside stronger than it will feel the call to come upstairs to my bedroom.

I hope.

No comments: