Friday, August 20, 2010

Can't tell you how hard it is...

to send your firstborn to middle school. Especially when it feels one year too early (Prosper has moved Fifth grade to middle school to make more room for our booming town in the Elementary schools)
Last night was schedule pick up and locker practice. It was hectic and when he got frustrated and a little embarrassed with with not being able to get the locker open, I seriously thought homeschool was the way to go.
He didn't let me bring the camera last night. "That's embarrassing mom... take pictures with your mind."
Today we made a trip to container store to get some stuff for his locker and we made magnets at home. Then we headed to the school ... to put the new stuff in, but really to practice some more.
Good news is he got the hang of the locker combination. Better news is he let me take pictures this time.


Can't believe I've been blogging since he started kindergarten.

5 comments:

Amanda said...

I can't believe they moved 5th grade to Jr high.....I understand the reason....but KWIM. He looks so grown up next to his big locker.

Cathy said...

Okay.. this post officially makes me old. Would you check on what nursing homes are available in your area?

Nana to Oz said...

So hard to believe he will be using a locker in the hall, moving rooms, all that stuff already!! Goodness he is growing up too fast!! See if that nursing home gives discounts for two or more signing up at one time or maybe a special on "we have the same grandkids"!!!

Gary Church said...

But we know no matter how hard it is that you will not under any circumstances be there, in his classroom, walking him in, taking pictures on the first day. THAT I know for sure. ;)

Janie said...

AMEN Janette. Pics before bus, tears by mom after bus pulls away. then I go in and make cookies for me as well as them :)
No sense in me projecting my angst on to them. I almost laughed out loud at kindergarten curriculum night when they said we can't walk them in after the first week. Can't believe people are still walking them in the second day!!