Monday, August 23, 2010

and they're off...

what do you see?

first day of school 2010
First Day of School 2010 !!!
Kindergarten !
3rd Grade !
Middle School - 5th Grade !
waiting for the bus and looking at the clouds - what did you see?
(we saw a mermaid)
Maiya was embarrassed by the tag I made her wear. (Younger siblings pick up on the "things to be embarrassed by" a lot sooner than first kids)
love her hands in her pockets.
I almost said "Maiya please don't go", but I restrained myself
Benjamin jumped on before I could snap a picture:
(how cute is Maiya waving at the bus driver?)
Pictures from the girl's meet the teacher night:




Here is to a wonderful school year - hip, hip, hooray!!!!!!!!
got to go make some cookies, and brownies (because that is what Benjamin requested.)

8 comments:

Cathy said...

Now it is Grandma's turn to get teary-eyed. Oh, Janie.. you will one day look back - and even more importantly - you will think back to these days and truly know how precious they are. I hope you squeeze every bit of joy you can out of life, because these truly are the "good days" and I know your children will recognize the benefits they reap as children born of "goodly parents". I can't be there for every event ( and I know I shouldn't be!) but they are in my heart every minute of every day. And I am so appreciative that we live in a time when I can share your joy through this medium.

Meg said...

I totally see the mermaid:) I saw a heart at first but I like th mermaid better:)

hope they enjoy their first day

Gary Church said...

Maiya's hair grew FAST. I can't believe how big she is! I'm going to miss her this year!!

And, I saw a wild boar with wings. :D

Gary Church said...

After you mentioned it, I totally saw the mermaid.

Sarah said...

i see the woman from a manifest destiny pic we use in history-- wearing her flowing white dress and blowing her trumpet-- i'm a freak-- and i am so old cause your kids are getting so old :D

Nana to Oz said...

I am sorry I missed it!! They are sooo grown-up and precious!! I love being so close now! I hope the cookie/brownie making was fun -- can't imagine it wasn't!! what a "sweet" tradition (sorry, couldn't resist!) And yes, I saw a mermaid too!! Beautiful shot!

Bethanne said...

How exciting and sentimental at the same time!

Are you ready to throw another one into the mix?! Still sticking with the name? PJ?

Kleanteeth said...

Ella is looking very youish as she grows up. What us girls wouldn't give over here for a little curl and body in our hair. And fifth grade seems very young for middle school. It's hard enough sending my sixth grader.