Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Self appreciation day!!!

Did you know it was National Women's Self Appreciation day? yeah me either... but since I've seen this on a couple blogs I thought I'd give it a go myself:

What I love about me:

I am generally a happy person. My patriarchal blessing says "Be of good cheer, our Father in Heaven has much joy for you in this life" Despite the trials, this statement is sooo true. And what do they say anyway? 'you are usually as happy as you are in the habit of being"

I am not timid. Nervous Nellie? sometimes, but I am not timid - I get the job done. I'll introduce myself first. I'll talk to the manager. I'll make ten calls. I'll write letters. I make demands when appropriate. Like a dog after a bone.

I am frugal. You guys knew that. I am not embarrassed to shop thrift stores for just about anything. I am always thinking of ways to save money. If you ask me about that cool new restaurant chances are good I won't know a thing about it. I value experience over 'things'.

I am a good tipper. You may think this is a straight contradiction to the previous statement and it may be. Honestly I avoid service that requires tipping to be frugal often. I steam my own carpets (mostly). I pick up the pizza instead of having it delivered. BUT, when I do get work done for me I try really hard to tip well. I've had those jobs and I know what its like.

I like my hair. I didn't for many years, Curly is a state of being I have come to know and I appreciate my attitude that curls out of the top of my head. Sure Kyle doesn't really know what its like to run his fingers through his woman's hair. But its spunky and I love it. 'cept when I don't and I put it in a ponytail :)

I am passionate. When I love you I really LOVE you. When I care, I REALLY care. When you make me mad you REALLY make me mad. I will fight tooth and nail for any cause that I support.

I have good self esteem. Not easily said for all the big beautiful women out there. I love my body, with it: I snuggle. I make love. I birth and breastfeed my babies. I work. I think. I read. I see. I hear. I hug my children and kiss their boo-boos. I try to think less about the fact that I am not the same size as most women. I won't spend time berating myself for that. I focus on health and fun. Those two things are more important to me that what the tag in my clothes say.

I have faith. Faith in God. Faith in the Gospel. Faith in the future.

I love that I am a wife. And I try to be a good one.

I love that I am a mom:

retro shot of me 'the mom'.

So, How about you?? what do you love about yourself?


4 comments:

Amanda said...

That's awesome. you are awesome;)

Gary Church said...

Self appreciation day totally suits you. :D

Cathy said...

I pretty much love myself as well. But the thing I did best in life was bring two wonderful women into the world and seeing the lives they have forged.. and continue to forge.. for themselves. I am happy that YOU are happy! And I love you.
Mom

Tony said...

Hmmm, what do I love...?

I love that I can still do math in my head.

I love that my body is still able to respond positively to the heck that my personal trainer is putting it through.

I love that I have the compassion to help lengthen the lives of two older sister cats.

And I love that I am able to receive the love and support that your Mom is giving me as I have been pursuing my personal and professional goals.

That's all I got for now! :)