Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Getting Ready...

Maiya and her 'baby'
ze list. all checked off. finally.
supplies for baby
supplies for mommy
waterbirth supplies

checking out the birth pool
yep that will work.
home visit, listening to the baby :)

37 weeks today - We are very excited. Kyle and I have two more Bradley classes to go. I wish with all my heart that we had taken those classes before Benjamin was born. I wouldn't have agreed to forceps after twenty minutes of pushing. I would have been much more prepared. We do feel a little silly being with 6 other first time parent couples while this is our fifth. But that's ok. I'm doing things the right way this time. Ever have any questions about the following, just pick my brain, I've done more research than is natural or probably necessary:

dangers of pitocin
our nation's outrageous c-section rates
drug free delivery
mother directed pushing
delayed cord clamping
Vit K shot
eye ointment
circumcision

We really like our midwife. We are praying for a smooth homebirth but have all back up plans in place. So now I wait and 'enjoy' the last little bit of this pregnancy. My feet are puffy and its hot as hell and braxton hicks are annoying, but there is nothing like feeling a little person squirm and kick you from the inside.

11 comments:

Chrystalee said...

We also did Bradley with Landon's birth. The BEST thing we could ever have done!!!! Not only did I feel completely in control with the birth and all things around it, but it brought Scott and I closer! LOVE BRADLEY!!!!! I recommend it to everyone! : ) Good luck. After your last two classes, you'll feel like you could deliver the baby by yourself! : )

Amanda said...

good luck Janie;) Although I think you will need only a little "luck";) You will do great and you will feel amazing afterward! Like you are a queen and could conquer the world! I hope it all goes as you wish it to!

Gary Church said...

OMG. Please tell me you circumsize ... if you don't, don't tell me. lol.

Gary Church said...

You are brave and courageous and victorious! Good luck!! I hope everything go smoothly and quickly. xoxo.

Janie said...

I did but won't ever again. Benjamin's kept healing badly and reattaching, after a pediatrician (in virginia not here) literally RIPPED the healed skin apart at an appointment with no warning and Benjamin screamed bloody murder, and it bled everywhere, I swore to myself NEVER again if I had another son.
I didn't give Kyle a say on this one. Its not being done. no. matter. what.
We've already had the "don't tease your brother because he looks different" talk with Benjamin. With further explanation Benjamin wanted to know why we did it to him. And I had NO good answer why we did.

I don't even like to hear about cirsumcisions now and I try to hold back judgements for moms who do it. but after all I've read and what I went through I honestly think it should be illegal.

It goes on the list of things I wished I'd known back in the day.

Janie said...

ps. Kyle does agree though :)

Janie said...

one more thing then I'll get off my soapbox:

a quote from a pediatrician:

"I always see more problems from a circumcision than from a foreskin."

Gary Church said...

That's traumatic. To quote my Dad after Ryan's circumcision: "His wife will thank you later"

BAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH. I couldn't quit laughing, which wasn't cool because I had 50 staples across my stomach. lol.

I won't judge you after your traumatic experiences ... just like you don't judge me after mine. Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want, right? lol.

Janie said...

funny, but your dad would be wrong on that one - intact...
way better
just sayin.

Gary Church said...

I'm gonna go throw up now. :D

Nana to Oz said...

I am just plain thrilled that I am going to be able to "be there" for this baby's birth!!! I have missed the other 4 or (only with Ben) gotten in after all was said and done, so this will be special. Thank you for letting me share this with you!! And I am so proud of you for "speaking your mind" and doing it YOUR way this time!!!