Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Slow summer ending

Is it that time again already? Time when back to school commercials interrupt cartoons?
I never really want to be the kind of mom who asks everyday of summer when the kids will be back in school. I like being with my kids and having them home. Even when I think they will push my sanity to the brink. I even attempt homeschooling in my mind (but I know better).

This has been a fun summer - even if it was a "lets do what we can that's FREE" summer - it was a lot of fun. The journals I tried to make them write in everyday has offered a lot of fun for Kyle and I as we read them late at night.

I feel like we got to a do a few more things than we did last summer when a newborn joined us and I did all the fun things that a mom of a newborn does - which isn't too much.

The other night at dinner as we talked about backpacks and haircuts and meet the teacher night - Ella says "When are you going to give us a blessing Dad? My heart was touched that she had this on her mind and she was very excited to receive it. Kyle told her that the Sunday before school starts he will give all the children blessings. My heart was full -




No comments: