Thursday, August 06, 2009

Rest in peace my cinematic HERO


Seriously I just talked about you this week. Riding in the car with Sarah conversation turned to favorite movies (don't get me started on favorites - movies, books, foods, I could go on and on.) Well I was going on and on and along those lines the words came out of my mouth "Well any movie by John Hughes really" and She said who is John Hughes?

John Hughes is the director who changed the landscape of the teen angst movie. His work is brilliant, hysterical and poignant all at the same time.

I was waiting for the next one, even though he was done with Hollywood.

I suppose I'll have to see that one another day.

You will be missed man.







4 comments:

Abby said...

I didn't know he'd died. Classic films, those were.

Gary Church said...

Ferris Bueller and Home Alone ... those were my favorites of his. :D

Do you know how he died ... I haven't heard the story yet.

Gary Church said...

Oh yeah ... and Dennis the Menace (the movie) ... we watched that one last night. :D

My name is Andrea said...

Janette is showing her age...
Breakfast Club. Sixteen Candles...
He made the movies of my teenage years. I love him. He'll be missed.