Thursday, January 19, 2006

Housekeeping

I had one of those sickening moments of realization -- I am a bad housekeeper!!
I have a matching set of towel bars and a TP holder that were supposed to be up ages ago, but I had similar luck to that of the curtains in the living room when I tried to put them up the first time, so needless to say we have been using TP sans holder. In the meantime I had just tossed the holder in a bucket in the bathroom then later I tossed one of the kids water guns in the bucket too. Well there was water left in the water gun that soaked one side of the TP holder. Then apparently after awhile the wood split and molded!! Yep that's right I put off a project so long that the dang thing molded. Sad really.
While I am on the subject of put off projects - there is a now infamous list of "THINGS TO DO BEFORE BABY" that I keep in my purse as motivation. Well three purses and a 6 month old later, we are only about 60% done. Now I know why my mom lived with green shag carpet and gold and green striped wallpaper for years and years - there is never enough time, energy or money - at least never at the same time.
My previous remodeling the old farmhouse dream has turned into a "move-in" ready house dream. It beats moldy toilet paper holders.

2 comments:

Mama Spud said...

I have had a towel bar and shelf that I bought about three years ago. I don't even know where I put them now. Who knows, maybe they have molded away ;-)

Anonymous said...

It isn't just you Sweetie! I have only one word to say to match you -- BASEMENT!!! 'nuff said!