Saturday, April 05, 2008

Tornado alarms and a Sick dog...

You know what is fun? Painting your stairwell, having Sears come out and shampoo the carpets - then waking up one morning to your dog's projectile diarrhea all over the stairs. Kyle and I gagged our way through the clean-up and banished Zeke to the backyard. I noticed a few hours later he had not moved a muscle. That afternoon when I cut the grass I had to literally mow around him, and usually the noise sends him straight for the door. This morning his mood had not changed and he didn't want to walk much, so off to the Vet. He has some sort of bug and our account is missing 300 bucks. The funny thing was they had to give him IV fluids which you would think goes into a blood vessel, but for dogs they put it under their skin between their shoulder blades. So he came home looking like Rocky Balboa the dog. He looked super evil with these big honking shoulders. The medicine Kyle is waiting to give him is anti-diarrhea stuff that can cause nausea - brilliant!!! Oh and to top if all off the fluid began leaking out of the injection site so the kids are doctoring him now. Let's hope he feels better by morning, or this could be something more serious like pancreatitis.
And I thought I'd add what we did during the tornado alarm. I went straight to the bathroom with blankets and pillows. For a girl who has had her home hit by one of those suckers - I don't play. Kyle was the one in the backyard staring at the sky.

6 comments:

Abby said...

They inject cats just like that, too. Our cat had cancer, though (not to scare you or anything).

Anonymous said...

That's what they did with Rudy the first time too, and were going to teach me to do it until he got even sicker and had to have IV's!! Those vet bills can empty your pockets real fast!! I hope Zeke is better real soon -- and I know what you mean about tornadoes! Went through two and any time we get a warning or watch, I duck!!

Sarah said...

Ooh the drama at the Oyakawa's. I love Ella's I don't want the room to fly away:D Hilarious! Hope Zeke starts feeling better.

Kleanteeth said...

Having carpets shampooed and a dog is about as risky as farting with the squirts. Really, though, hope he gets better. We had some wicked lightning that night too, kept me up. Can you Texans keep the bad weather to yourselves please?

Sarah said...

I want to go to little shop of horrors!!!!

Practically Perfect In Every Way said...

wait: you are mowing the yard??? I guess you ARE feeling better!

I hope Zeke is also feeling better!