Friday, April 25, 2008

They're here...






Ella's Kindergarten class became a foster class for 12 chicken eggs, that are now adorable baby chicks. Next week they leave for their official farm home. The teacher said anyone can have one if they like. ARE YOU SERIOUS??? I don't know why she told the kids that, because Ella has been bugging me nightly since the offer was presented. Even if our HOA allowed it, we are not going to own a chicken. But since she was so sad I asked the teacher if we could take care of one for the night - and she said "Actually they can't stay at the school over the weekend - could you take care of them" So here we are with a dozen chicks until Monday morning. I admit I am just as excited as the kids - I get to be a farm girl for a couple of days. And they are soooo cute! So come on over to the Oyakawa petting zoo and check out the baby chicks!!!

5 comments:

Abby said...

How fun! When I was little (in kindergarten, actually) my mom bought me 12 baby chicks and we had them for many weeks until they got too big for our basement and the roosters started crowing in the mornings at all hours. Then we gave them to a farm where they lived until they were all eaten by a chickenhawk. Sad.

But boy did we have a blast with them! Kinda stinky, but we would play with them in the backyard and swing them on the swings. One got loose and followed a woman down the sidewalk for a few blocks. She brought it back. I have wonderful memories of those chicks.

Ryann said...

I so want to come over and play with you all!

My name is Andrea said...

Gosh, Janie, I'm so....jealous. Those little Oyakawa kids are so lucky! I draw the line at farm animals!

Sarah said...

Claire was in HEAVEN!!!

Gary Church said...

I wish I was better at keeping up with blogs! Ryan would have LOVED that! They are adorable ... and I'm no animal lover! lol.