Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Hodge Podge...

Well lets see - I think of so many witty things to blog about late at night, then during the day think, wow I haven't blogged in quite a while... So this is just a plain ol whats going on with us kind of blog.
Fun things:

  • Meg was reminded that it is crawfish season and came home friday night a woman on a mission. She found a great restaurant for authentic Louisiana food (Dodies) and promptly ordered us seven pounds of crawfish! It was delicious!!! The Ragers joined us for the experience, though Sarah didn't quite partake LOL - she did try one and I was very proud! Dylan had a few after he washed them off in the sink. Meg and I dove in, and Kyle joined every once in a while. He says its too much work for so little seafood. We couldn't quite make everyone understand that its the sitting and talking that is just as fun as the actual eating!
  • Disney: We found out late last week that we did qualify for the free dining plan on our Disney Vacation!!! We are beyond thrilled - this will save us almost $1000 - plus we get to see much cooler restaurants than we would have on our dime.
  • Baby: Had a check up today and everything is going great. The doctor added Cora's full name to my chart. It made everything seem so real to me. Oh and I think I felt her have hiccups the other morning for the first time. Either that or it was very rhythmic kicking.

    Not so fun things:
  • More tornado alarms, this time in the middle of the night - meant back to the bathroom for us. And this time thanks to American Airlines' canceled flights - Kyle was not here. I politely told him he was not allowed to be gone during anymore tornado alarms.


Aunt Beth is having a rough time of it with Chemo - two hospital admissions in two weeks. Say a little prayer for her. She is due for a break!!!!

8 comments:

Kleanteeth said...

You Louisianians. I'm with Kyle. So much work, not so much food. Me and seafood aren't so friendly after my food poisoning experiences. Yick. I see you're almost into double digits left until Cora comes. Good luck.
I think you need a new tornado room. Some things just don't belong in bathrooms like food (Seen that Frasier anyone) and pillows. If I found a pube on my pillow I'd be seriously grossed out.

Sarah said...

EEW! Pubes on pillows and crawfish!!! When your life is on the line you wouldn't care if it were the dumpster that you had to hide out in. You're only other choice would be your closet under the stairs right??? Theres no way everybody would fit in there. :D

Janie said...

yeah the bathroom kinda sucks, but with no downstairs master - hence no walk in closet, that leaves us with the coat closet (too small) or the pantry or laundry room - both have lots of stuff on shelving that I would be afraid would fall on us - so to the bathroom we go! Its always been the bathroom for me my whole life during a tornado - I remember my Me-maw making me lay in the bathtub and covering me with quilts - I thought I was going to sweat to death. You know the one time it hit our house though, we had nearly slept through it - were just getting out of the bed as it hit the house.

My name is Andrea said...

I love seafood (are crawfish from the sea, though?) but I am so with Kyle. I love the Crawfish Boil 'cuz of the company, but there is just too much work to get that little tiny bit of meat. Plus, I can't look at it before I eat it.

Our master closet has an outside wall, so our best options are downstairs powder room, understairs (we all fit, not comfortably though, and it is dark) or laundry room, which also has a small outer wall, but for the most part would probably be ok. Oh, look, I made a whole post as a comment. :)

Abby said...

I had two pet crayfish in grade school: Howard and Cheerios. How dare you eat those poor things, you monsters!

Ryann said...

In high school, a friend of mine had a crab fest every year before school started. All you did was crack crabs and drink all day long. It was marvelous!

By the way, I sent you a little something in the mail....

Beth said...

Yay for your Disney vacation! That's great that you'll be able to save that much money!

I remember when I lived in Louisiana as a child and we had to go through the same thing - bathroom parties. Of course, there were eight people who had to fit in there, so it was a little tight, but as a child you find stuff like that fun. As an adult on the other hand, not so much!

Beth said...

Yay for your Disney vacation! That's great that you'll be able to save that much money!

I remember when I lived in Louisiana as a child and we had to go through the same thing - bathroom parties. Of course, there were eight people who had to fit in there, so it was a little tight, but as a child you find stuff like that fun. As an adult on the other hand, not so much!