Thursday, August 30, 2007

Martial Law

So school is going well so far - its amazing how hard it is to get information out of them when they get home. I think the bus has memory erasing gas or something. Ella has broken a new record for carrying home school germs. Yesterday she she felt hot to me and was being particularly grumpy so I checked her temp and sure enough it was 100.2, then at midnight when I checked it again it was 102.4 - so no school today for her. Although by 9:30 this morning you wouldn't think she was sick her temp has been normal all day and her head has stopped hurting. I think we just went through a 24 hour bug without any vomit -HOORAY
Benjamin's issue was the opposite it wasn't what he brought home from school its what he didn't. I got him a nice new lunch box with a tupperware sandwich holder and a spoon from home with his pudding - and like the boy that he is he threw it all away after lunch. He says he doesn't know what happened to it - but with my mom translation device in my head I know exactly what he did - got excited to go to recess and chucked the whole thing. Who knows for sure - of course today he forgot to check lost and found so I'll check it out next time I'm up there. Grandma the teacher assures me by the end of the first week there is about 40 lunch boxes in lost and found.
So onto the title - I am going to betray a blog rule and talk about our neighbor buddy TJ - He is a good kid and the kids all have a good time together playing but over time Kyle and I have noticed he has a case of sticky fingers we have intercepted contraband in his pockets, his shoes, his bulging socks, and my favorite right in his hands skipping out of the door "Benjamin let me borrow this" (not so) So today I invited him to have dinner with us and throughout the whole meal he is half pouting - then he finally says "Benjamin betrayed me from playing Rayman on the wii - and its my favorite game" To which Benjamin with chest sticking out "I banished him from Rayman because he begged to borrow Kevin 11 (a toy Benjamin was extremely fond of) and he has never brought it back" I wasn't quite sure how to respond. Part of me was surprised punishments are being handed out in the house without my input but another part of me was impressed that Benjamin came up with what I consider a fair arrangement to get his toy back. So I stayed out of it "Well TJ that sounds fair - bring back Kevin and you guys can play a game of Rayman" What do you guys think?

3 comments:

Beth said...

Sounds fair to me. Good thinking, Benjamin!

Ryann said...

I think that is awesome! Way to go Benjamin!!!!! And I don't think that is betraying a blog rule-heck, I talk about neighbors and friends all of the time.

Kleanteeth said...

Sounds fair. As a rule friends shouldn't borrow anything, that's just my opinion. Maybe you should get to know sticky fingers' parents better and see if they're ok with his stickiness.