Wednesday, September 05, 2007

I could kill...

The person who invented wallpaper. I was on the fence about it but after this project I officially HATE the stuff. After trial and error I felt I had mastered the art of pulling down wallpaper in the last house so I went into this confident that taking down wallpaper would be pretty easy. Boy was I wrong. We have slightly textured walls. To compensate for that when putting up the wallpaper they spread an even layer of joint compound under all the wallpaper. So what was supposed to be the first 1/10th of the project took two days with four people - including Sarah (God bless her!)
But its done and although the green turned out to be a little more lime-ish than I wanted I still like it - and did I mention we're finally done?
The lovely joint compound
Meg scraping (and the mess that all of our home improvement projects create)

Me scraping
Kyle doing drumroll please...more scraping
FINALLY some color on the wall
Thank goodness for shur-line, don't paint without one!
Ta-da!!!
The curtain rod only took five installations with thre different types of screws - we never do anything the easy way!
Next up the master bedroom...after a vacation!

4 comments:

Hallie said...

What a pain. But it sure turned out beautiful. I love the color.

Ryann said...

It looks really great! WEll done!

Kleanteeth said...

I agree. The wallpaper inventor might not make the cut in heaven. I love picking the paint colors, though. You know us, shades of gray. What can I say, that's my favorite color. Oh, and yes there is a door to the back from the kitchen.

Tristi Pinkston said...

Hi there -- found you on the LDS blog ring I'm also on.

Just wanted to say that the project looks wonderful, and I hate wallpaper too.