Sunday, September 30, 2007

There is too much I will sum up...

Butttercup is marrying Humperdink in little less than half an hour...
I love random movie quotes...
To really sum up there is so much I haven't had the energy to decide what to blog. But I did want to let you know I am still here and surviving:
It was really nice to have Nana and Gram here and we had a lot of fun while they were here. It is so nice to be tourists in your own town. I swear there will be more pictures and info later.
School is going well. Benjamin seems so much more mature to me this year. He seems to finally get it - you go everyday and you have homework everyday - whining doesn't help your cause! He improved almost six reading levels since the end of last school year. I am so proud of him. He is also running for student council this year as a class representative. I don't know if I am ready for my little man to face a popularity contest. Ella is hmmmmmmmmmmm, learning. What she is learning is a whole 'nother subject. She was tested in the first week of school and she is at the reading level for entering first grade. They don't starting reading groups for kindergarten until January. So she has learned three new ways to throw tantrums by watching the bad behaviors of fellow classmates. She behaves perfectly at school she just tries the new stuff on me. The last tantrum included chewing on her clothes and drooling. It was a class act I nominated her for an Oscar. The teacher is really good and is starting her in reading early so I hope that challenges her. Maiya is starting to catch on with this talking thing. Her speech therapist was impressed with all the words she picked up when Nana was here. And just yesterday she mimicked about thirty words with Ella. Next is combining them and we will be cooking with gas.
Now my purpose about blogging tonight -- I have a new calling, well assignment really. I am the chair person for the annual Frisco Nativity Exhibit. I am excited but have quickly realized that this will be a 30 hour/week job until the first week in Dec has passed. So alas I will not be blogging at a normal pace for a while, if I get to blog at all. For all my local readers - Donate your Nativities for display and invite your friends!!