Thursday, September 14, 2006

Poor Kyle


Yesterday was my man's birthday. It was a comedy of errors on my part! - I arranged piano lessons as his gift - I made a cute card on Microsoft word then forgot to close it out. He came home and saw it on the screen instead of in the sealed decorated envelope. I made one of his favorite dinners - cube steak and potatoes. Once at the table we realized we never replenished our Heinz 57 sauce supply post move. He was very upset apparently cube steak isn't the same without the right sauce! Now moving on to the cake. I got this crazy idea to make my own ice cream cake - how hard can it be I thought. I made a cream filling, crushed oreos into it, spread the ice cream then decorated the top with icing - each ingredient ok by itself - awful together!! It was so sweet none of us could eat it - even Benjamin - well he finished his but didn't want seconds. So sorry babe - better luck next year. (It better be that's going to be the big 3-0)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks like he was wishing,"Gee I wish she bought me a *real* cake..." LOL

Anonymous said...

Janie.. here is the recipe for the ice cream cake that was made by the Dugger family on the Discovery
Channel (yes, the one with 16 children!). A friend of mine made it for her family and halved the recipe and she says it is delicious. So, make one for Kyle as a "make up" birthday cake. His mom-in-law decrees it!
LAYERED ICE CREAM CAKE
24 Ice cream sandwiches
8 oz. Cool Whip™
1 Hershey’s™ chocolate syrup bottle
1 Smuckers™ caramel syrup bottle
2 king size Butterfinger™ candy bars chopped up
1st layer -12 ice cream sandwiches
2nd – half of whipped cream
3rd - half of Butterfinger™ bars, Squeeze 1/2 of caramel &
chocolate over that.
4th - rest of ice cream sandwiches
5th – Cool Whip™
6th - rest of Butterfinger™, caramel & chocolate. Yummy! Yummy!

Mama Spud said...

It's Ok Kyle, you can still claim that you were born on the best day of the year. MY Birthday!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Hey Janie, why don't you give that cake another try and bring some over for me :-)