Friday, September 01, 2006

More of the house tour

The Gameroom
So funny story... That tri-level storage bin was actually a "dumpster diving" find for me - someone had it out at the curb for trash in VA, and I snatched it - I could tell it was real wood, so I figured I'd find or make shelves for it at some point. Then once here, I was looking around at IKEA and found out it's actually an IKEA piece designed for those buckets - I was so excited! - Apparently I have an eye for IKEA stuff - even if its in the trash:)

Upstairs

The layout is a little unusual- the stairs come up at an angle - which is nice because we have an extra wide area in the hallway (for stuff to collect).

Benjamin's room

He is at the front of the house with the huge window. He loves it! At night we can see the local county airport from his window.

Our room

So you probably can't tell from the picture but we have lots more room, but it was hard to get that in the picture - I am not crazy about the paint, but I do love the "corner" window - We get just the right amount of light - enough to brighten the room but not so much that it makes it too hot.

more pictures later... and I'll give people another day or so and I'll tell our "words"

1 comment:

Mama Spud said...

Nice house. Looks like you have a lot of room. Question? Does your bedroom ceiling go up to a point?