Tuesday, September 19, 2006

The good the bad and the frustrating

Well I had a running blog in my head. It was going to be about my new favorite things here in Teckis. I'll still hit the highlights but now it is a two way street. We have been jinxed lately. But anyhow I'll start with the good:
Maiya is walking all the time now! I am very excited to have a toddler. We now wear cute shoes (and have a reason to wear them). No more dirty knees!!! The downside is she likes to go visiting during sacrament. Maiya has yet to meet a stranger. She waddles away several times during the meeting, three pews up she'll stop, raise her arms to a perfect stranger; if they pick her up they immediately get kisses! She'll continue this on and off the whole time. If you try to stop her she screams! But on her own she's pretty quiet making the rounds - she'll sit 10 or 15 minutes with other families.
Kyle has been working like crazy on a huge project at work. I suppose that is par for the course since he is a project manager - but I miss him! He works late often and continues working once he gets home. The good news is this project should be done soon and I have been given the thumbs up to plan a camping trip. I am so excited. I already smell the smores. There are few things better than a fall camping trip in my book!
Speaking of fall - now that things are cooling off around here it has been so nice. For a while there in July I was pretty sure that our subdivision bordered hell literally. It was so hot!! But now the windows are open, AC is off and I am loving it. I got inside information from Meg that Home depot was marking down outside stuff and I loaded up - table, umbrella, and chairs for a steal! Ever since we have had dinner outside almost every night. The kids really like it. The breeze feels great and so far no bugs - I think the miserable summer and drought killed them all. The best part about eating outside is afterwards I can just hose everything off!
Now for the bad - The van broke down again!!! AHHHHHH On the way home from church the belt popped. So its in the shop and they have also found a coolant leak. So while the van was in the shop I thought I'd work in the vehicle free garage. I was lubricating the garage door opener (something I didn't even know you had to do until recently) when I saw water running through the garage. I thought I had busted something in a box when I moved the box and found mold on the drywall. AHHHHH once again. It seems as though we nicked a pipe when installing our 'garage organizer' two weeks ago. Meg had to end her shower mid shampoo and I am now waiting for the plumber. We have a home warranty but I don't know if breaking the pipe yourself is covered. My plan is to act dumb - yeah, yeah I know that isn't so hard:)

No comments: