Sunday, October 09, 2005

Can I play legos too?



Maiya has become such a social butterfly - Here she is just sitting babbling away next to the girls playing legos - Its kind of funny with Benjamin I waited anxiously for each milestone - I just couldn't seem to wait for him to get bigger - with Ella I was so busy working and taking care of both of them things just went by in almost a blur - and now with Maiya being my third and being able to be home with her - I have become just the opposite as I was with Benjamin - I am thoroughly enjoying her babyhood. And no matter how much I want her to grow slowly she insists on changing everyday! I know I should be excited with each milestone but there is a big part of me with each smile, babble, better head control, etc that thinks 'oh no, you're growing up!'- I was nuzzling in her adorable fat cheeks last night - and it hit me - there will come a day that I can't do this - Not really appropriate to nuzzle up to your teenage daughter - who knows maybe I will anyway! Like that country song says "I don't care if you're eighty - you'll always be my baby"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

They are ALL growing up too fast for me! I don't get to see them nearly often enough. I am so glad you do this "blog thing" so I don't miss so much now, but it doesn't replace the "getting my hands on them" or the "lets all play together" thing!! Maybe once Gram gets her "leg" under her again, we can make a visit.

Love ya all!

Anonymous said...

So you think teen age girls don't like to snuggle? It seems to me that you have a mighty short memory, MISS SNUGGLY! And that's all I'm gonna say (hee hee)!
Your loving mother...