Monday, October 17, 2005

10 years!

Well it feels like it was yesterday and a lifetime ago all at the same time. We went to my 10 year high school reunion on Saturday. First, that day we had my birthday party at Aunt Beth's house and I got some great gifts! The cutest was a set of bears dressed up as wizard of Oz characters - even Toto! They are beyond cute! If the camera wasn't dead I'd post a pic. Meg gave me a total makeover for the reunion; pedicure, acrylic nails, hair, and makeup - I looked pretty good considering the raw material she was working with!
We had fun at the reunion - I was terrible with remembering names but it was fun to see everyone! - I was really mad that they didn't have nametags (seemed like a cruel joke). It was at Colonial Downs and Kyle and I really had fun putting a little money down on the horses - we were doing really well by race nine but lost it in the final race - but hey we broke even! Actually we did better than that - I won the door prize, 25 dollars at Applebees :) I did find out that Jason from my graduating class has since joined the Church and is in the Bishopric in his branch! - That was really neat to find out - Its so cool to run into people who have found and grown in the gospel. - little embarrassing that we found out while Kyle and I were doing a little gambling - but hey you can't be perfect ;)
Our annual Primary program was on Sunday and Ella had her first speaking part at church - She did great she stood tall and spoke clearly but you couldn't even see her over the podium! LOL Although the rest of the time her and Benjamin couldn't keep still. He did great with his part too - totally understandable! - And I heard him singing during most of the songs.
It was a long but very fun weekend - Kyle and I were exhausted and ready to go to bed at 6:00 last night but Maiya decided to have an extremely fussy night - she just wouldn't go to sleep! Finally a warm bath did the trick around 8:30!

Meg also made a great poster of awesome quotes, here are some of my favorites:


"As you go through life make this your goal, keep your eye upon the doughnut and not upon the hole" - Doughnut cafe in Melbourne

"When one door closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we don't see the one that has opened"

"Middle age is when you've met so many people that every new person you meet reminds you of someone else." Ogden Nash

1 comment:

Ryann said...

Happy Birthday! Am so glad that you had a good time! And kudos for going to the reunion!