Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Almost done bragging...

I volunteered at the Library Book Fair at Benjamin's school today - and it was fun to watch Benjamin from the sidelines - he was really well behaved in the library and when I snuck down the hall and watched him in his class. He was also very proud of Maiya - she was sleeping in the car seat in the corner of the library and the children were all drawn toward her and were checking her out - He had to bulldoze his way through to proclaim "THAT IS MY BABY SISTER!"
Now my Ella story - her memory is amazing and quite scary in a way - I almost wonder if she has a photographic memory. I was throwing away junk mail the other day, very quickly in fact - I was just chucking stuff in the trash can when Ella reaches out and grabs a postcard from the realtor that sold us the house - it was a small card with a thumbnail size photo of the lady, she says Mommy that is the lady that gave us this house! - I was stunned. Ella was only 2 at the time and only saw this woman once at night (in fact all we had were flashlights, because the electricity wasn't hooked up at the house) - But still she not only remembered her, she picked out a small picture of her in a flash and I didn't think the picture was that "natural" of a photo of this woman! She is also into naming plants so as we drive around town she points out things "hey there's pampas grass (sp?) out of my window and there are tulips in front of that house" In fact I don't know that much stuff - so I've just about run out of plant names to teach her - but we got a book from the library!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, thank goodness ONE of the grandchildren took after me. They may not look like me, but Ella obviously inherited by intelligence.. right? I said, "RIGHT?"!!!

Anonymous said...

Ella has always amazed me with her "memory"!! And Ben's "technical" abilities (such as with the computer)blow me away too. Can't wait to see what Maiya's "field" is going to be!!