Monday, November 14, 2011

fun run ...

 before I get to the fun run... lookie at the stuff I'm getting from my fall garden, I have to say other than starting seeds in the heat of august this texas fall garden has been AWESOME:

these are backwards but I'm not going to bother flipping them all around. The girls had their school's fun run on Friday - they had a lot of fun. I felt the pressure to shell out more money than I'd like. The school made 13,000 dollars!!!!!!! Don't really feel great about that - what in the world do we need with all that money? and they still want dues and party money?
I don't get it. But that is just me.

After the fun run we skipped the assembly - I think if I'm counting right its the NINTH assembly since school started. We decided to duck out and go play at the playground instead. I don't think sitting on a cold hard floor for 45 minutes to an hour is all that developmentally appropriate for little kids. Especially since one minute they are pumping loud music getting them to dance then they are yelling at them to sit still and be quiet in other parts. It makes me antsy.

And while I'm complaining about that, I think chivalry is all but dead. I go to things like this and every time I see mom's standing with babies in arm while tons of men sit, never offering a seat.

rant over.


us playing at the playground instead of at the assembly:




at the fun run:




 Ella ran 3.2 miles!



                      

No comments: