Tuesday, November 15, 2011

a few of my favorite things:

For your curls:
Curly Girl the book
High Quality Hair Sticks

For your face:
Oil cleansing method - I've been washing my face with castor oil and olive oil and my acne has dramatically improved!

For your self esteem:
Health at Every Size
Lessons from the Fatosphere, Quit dieting and make a truce with your body.

For your wallet:
You need a budget software
The tightwad gazette
The total Money Makeover

For your birth:
Birth Matters, A midwife's manifesta by Ina May Gaskins
More of the Business of Being Born the four part sequel to the original Business of being born.

For Breastfeeding:
Ina May's guide to breastfeeding


For your body:
Cute clothes for the beautiful fat ladies...
(I am so tired of being jealous of shabby apple dresses.)

Land's End has very high quality Plus size clothes
Igigi has fabulous high end dresses
Torrid has great and sexy clothes
Junonia has WORKOUT clothes!

For your ears:
Adele


For your kitchen:
Great Depression Cooking with Clara
My favorite kitchen gadget of the year : Disposal Genie


For your blog:
I have loved getting my blog printed by year here: Cutest Blog on the Block

1 comment:

Brooke said...

I am going to try the castor oil thing. I am not a big fan of soap because my face dries out. Doesn't matter what kind I use. Lotion and my skin don't mix. Never has. So I use water. My face isn't dried out. But it definitely isn't pretty either. I had a kid ask me if I had chicken pox. haha. Nope. Just zits :)