Thursday, December 31, 2009

Texas is better than this I promise Nana

Nana moved here, remember I think I told you. And we really liked her little house one street behind us. Until there was a sign taped to her front door signifying the beginning of foreclosure proceedings on her cute rental home. Turns out taking her deposit and rent and not paying the mortgage with it was a good idea to someone. Nana is not ok with this.

That added to the fact that many people do not seem to be hiring RN's right at this moment. We hope its the holidays, because that sure has been frustrating for her.

So we will usher in the New Year by moving her right back out of the cute little house one street behind us.

And my Mom called today to say she's really not feeling well. Its not cool when the cancer treatment itself causes pain and suffering for years afterwards. Its kind of like the joke "let me cut your finger off and that hangnail won't bother you" but its not really funny.

So for 2010 we'd like

Health for everyone especially my mom
a job for Nana and a home even better than the one she's leaving tomorrow
a more mature nine year old
a less hysterical eight year old
a less whiny four year old
a chubby happy eighteen month old - who can start to talk now
a happy husband
a loving wife.

HAPPY NEW YEAR

Thank you so much to all of you who have helped with packing and watching the kids and who will help tomorrow. You are the best.
and I mean it.

2 comments:

Nana to Oz said...

For 2010 I would like: a wonderful loving supportive family, fantastic friends, people willing to help strangers just because that's what they do, 4 grandchildren (1 each -- immature, hysterical, whiny, and non-verbal), a home of my own, and a job. WAIT -- I ALREADY HAVE ALL THAT!! (except a home of my own and a job) -- I AM BLESSED WAY BEYOND SOME PEOPLE!! HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!

The A Team said...

that's crazy that someone would rent out a house if they can't keep it. let me know if you need anything.